Wednesday, August 19, 2009

 

Not much to report as they say??

OK, its been a bit of quiet spell for me just now, still unemployed and looking for a job and the Abigail's Party cast are taking a break from rehearsals for a few weeks so we will reconvene at the beginning of September, looking forward to that. On the job front I will at least be starting some workshop called Strive as part of the Lennox Partnership, it last 3 weeks so I start Monday, hopefully I can get something out of it by the end like a new job would be nice! I'm sure exactly what it entails other than a series of structured workshops so it remains to be seen what it will be like. We'll see how it wents.

On the TV front been recently enjoying a couple of things such as The Kevin Bishop Show which is in its second season now and its good fun, I like Kevin Bishop's fun pokes at other comedians, he's not necessarily the best impressionist but he does do some pretty good mimicing such as Gok Wan fashionist and David Mitchell of Peep Show ("Great Spunky Shitcastles!"). And any man who slates Chris Martin with a spoof Coldplay song called Cocks deserves credit. It also makes good fun of Hollywood movies (by doing alternate endings or realistic versions of Hollywood blockbusters) and the mess that is cable television in general. Also the fact that it includes the lovely Karen Gillan (to be the new companion next year in Doctor Who) in the show is a bonus too!

I've also recently in my spare time been getting into Battlestar Galactica, having watched the first 3 seasons I've been gripped by it nearly all the way, although I'm needing a break from it now so I'll probably come back to season 4 some other time. BSG is definitely really well done and amazingly well shot, the space battles are terrific, but most importantly it is a series that has some really rootable characters (and a few lesser ones) with Edward James Olmos as Admiral Adama at the centre of it all and Katee Sackhoff providing a different (and sexy) take on the Starbuck character (with Dirk Benedict) and James Callis as the cowardly Gaius Baltar who somehow manages to gell all the woman!!! The only thing the series is lacking in is humour, ok there are some moments of dry humour here and there (most probably provided by Starbuck and Gaius) but overall it is pretty dreary stuff. Nevertheless BSG is worth getting into although it has taken me ages to finally get into it!

And well on that note I haven't much else to say, but I'll think of something....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?