Saturday, April 18, 2009

 

Patter Merchants Mark 3

Welly well, that's another Patter Merchants stint over, haven't had much chance to write up about it until now so thought I'd post something up. Well I'm glad to say the 3rd PM stint was a very enjoyable experience, this time round we had longer scenes so there were fewer of them this time, only 6 as opposed to the ambitious 12 that we had done last time. Also we had some music from our very own director and maestro Bill Wright who provided some fine musical interludes between the scenes, as he did covers of Lou Reed and Johnny Cash (nice guitar by the way Bill!).

The scenes themselves were all fairly comedic although quite dramatic in places too, Scott and Gill opened the night with an excellent performance of the opening scene in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? Judith and Susan did a scene from the Killing of Sister George which was fun to watch as Judith was so crazed in it! ("Ohh shut up, silly bitch!"). Gordon and newcomer to the group Amy, were both really good in their scene from The Lovers, which they both put on fine Irish accents, I liked Amy's acting out pregnancy pains too! After the break we had two other newcomers to our group, Jamie and Rania do a scene from the play some Some Girls, which I liked and thought they both did really good accents, in fact I think most of the scenes had accents! Scott and Gill were up again next who did a scene from The Birthday Party, which was quite a short scene and "succulent!" to quote Scott's character. And last but not least was my scene with Alison who is also new to the group, Some Voices, which was frankly the best thing of the night! (I joke of course, really!). For my scene I did an London accent, so it was fun to work with accents again, as I haven't really done too much of that in the Patter Merchants (although I have done plenty with RTG). But I enjoyed the scene and thought Alison did really well with her part too, as she had to play ambivalent emotions, playing an abused pregnant girl in a bar who basically wants to be left alone but I come over and try to chat her up for some company as my part Ray is a young guy suffering from schizophrenia (but I didn't really play the illness). So we got some laughs out the scene which is always good.

Anywayssss that's pretty much it for now, another one down, we'll wait and see what happens next but for now its nice to have a wee break and chill out before stepping into anymore draaama.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?