Wednesday, February 04, 2009

 

Tom Stoppard's bridge

I've been a bit secretive about what's going on the acting front so I might as well announce that I have a small part coming up in one of the Radio Theatre Group's Tom Stoppard plays, Albert's Bridge. Well actually its two parts, Charlie a bridge painter and George, a disgruntled council member (I seem to always get the grumpy parts! Not that I'm complaining I quite enjoy them ;-).

Albert's Bridge was a radio play back from the 1960's which RTG director Bruce Downie is doing something rather interesting with by staging the radio play as an actual play so this will be a bit of new challenge for me to be involved in full ensemble piece in the actual theatre of the Ramshorn! (as opposed to the foyer where I performed last year for the lunchtime matinees). So the rehearsals are well under way and we are finally getting into the theatre tomorrow to rehearse and get into the space of the theatre, which I'm looking forward to very much. Not to mention getting to perform 4 nights in a row at the Ramshorn will be a real challenge, and the cast have been fine to work with so far, so hopefully we will all get our lines right on the nights (at least I hope!). At any rate I look forward to being part of the final product and I'll post up some more once the plays go out.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?