Sunday, January 18, 2009

 

A couple of weeks in

Its early days of 2009, but already it looks like it could shape up to be a busy year, as I've got a few things coming up on the acting front, I won't say too much about them at the mo, as more info will be posted as I go along. I am starting new classes though this week at the Citizens Theatre on Tuesday night, as I had heard some good things about them from Scott, this will be a bit of a step into the unknown again as I'm pretty sure no one I know will be at these classes as it will be a kind of re-education again of acting with a whole host of different people and a different tutor, so I'll see how it goes, so kind of scary and fun I hope!

On the Patter Merchants front things will be going ahead, with a couple of workshops to start off so I've got one of those starting next Sunday, which I look forward to, so we'll see how it all shapes up as things progress, its all early days as I said so it remains to be seen what we will be doing scenes wise.

On a different note I haven't really commented on the choice of the new Doctor (11 th Doc) in Doctor Who, Matt Smith, to be honest I'm not too sure what to think of that one yet. Matt being only 26 seems an unusual choice to play the Doctor, but then again the Doctor can look any age when he regenerates, it just seems weird that he will get younger when he changes, if he gets any younger it kind of threatens to undercut his authority, so no one will take him as seriously (in the show I mean!). I could imagine Catherine Tate slagging him off when he tells her to do something "Sod off, sonny, you can't tell me what to do!". Perhaps again these are silly thoughts, as if the right actor plays the Doctor you can end up believing their potrayal regardless of the age. Although I haven't really seen Matt Smith in anything on TV or theatre so I can't really comment on his acting ability one way or another, I guess we'll just wait and see what he's like at the moment when David Tennant finally stands postrate and his face, and hands go on fire and change into Matt (as you do).

Anyway on that peculiar note that's enough for now.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?