Thursday, October 30, 2008

 

Sorry, Wrong Number!

Well well well...! That's my first live performance as a Radio Theatre Group actor over and done with, as our first radio show in the RTG season ran yesterday afternoon, Sorry, Wrong Number! at the Ramshorn Theatre and it was a lot of fun to do I must say. I played two parts in the show as the murderer and a Western Union man, both parts had uniquely different voices, so I did my best to shine up my vocal chords and give it all (I also managed not to fluff just about!). The other cast members were great too I have to say, especially Linda Woolfson who had the toughest job playing the central character Leona Stevenson, a neurotic bed-ridden wife who overhears two men on a phone planning a murder. John Love also did great job as the irate Sergeant Martin (and 1st killer!) and of course Teresa did sterling work as all the phone operators (her nurse's voice was great too!). A big shout of course also deserves to go out to Bruce Downie our director, who directed us with much patience, humour and light-heartedness, and also for his frantic operation of all those sound effects that made it uniquely a part of Radio Theatre. We should be able to get a copy of the performance from Bruce at some point in the near future so hopefully I'll be able to play it and back an say "Hey! I was in that!". (And then cringe ha ha!)

Anyways the RTG has been great fun and it was really good to perform at the Ramshorn at last (only my 2nd time there and I'm already performing in it!). So the Hitch Hiker will follow next week, rehearsals have been not too bad so far, and tomorrow I get a night off so we reconvene on Monday to carry on. So I'll post up more as we progress towards more... suspense!! ;))

Comments:
A totally unrelated matter. Where did you get your name Cyberclogs? I have used this handle for over 10 years, and I have been the only one, until now.....
 
It was just a spare of the moment thing, as I was writing many entries about Dr Who on my previous blog. Think it came from combining Cybermen with shoes or clogs. Quite simple really.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?