Thursday, October 09, 2008

 

Patter Merchants update and Iain!

Well on the Patter Merchants front I've managed to get one scene together for it with Felicity from our group (or Fliss) as we will be doing a scene from an old play He Who Gets Slapped (Bill vetoed Hedda Gabler), where I will play the part of a clown, so yes that means I will need to dress up as a clown and get wear make-up and get slapped! Its all in the name of fun, I just I hope I don't get dermatitis!! But well you've got suffer for your art I suppose.

Trying to source the second is proving a bit more difficult I have another scene in mind but our tutor Bill has reservations about my ability to pull it off, ah well, to be fair it could be a difficult scene (from The Glass Menagerie) to stage convincingly. I supposed as actors you need to learn to walk before you run when it comes to tackling the more challenging scenes. However there are times (and no offence to Bill) that he doesn't provide much encouragement for his students and it would be nice to get that from him from time to time. Its also proven quite difficult this time round to even source appropriate material ourselves that is suitable for the group, as plenty of scenes have been "vetoed".

Oh and onto my second lot of acting classes with Iain McAleese, as I had my first class with him there on Monday and it was very good, nice to be working with Iain again, as I have to say he is very down to earth and (yes) encouraging to people. At times Iain can of course be a bit full-on and give alot of direction (and by that I mean he can interrupt you quite a bit) but he definitely is very helpful and I'm pleased to be working with him again. So far its been good fun getting into messing around with improv and next week we'll learn a bit more about Bertholt Brecht (the German playwright). After that its back to chewing over which scenes we'd like to do again in Iain's group. So it might be about time get some duologue books methinks.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?