Wednesday, May 07, 2008

 

Poisonous skies!! Hayfever!! Shakespeare!!

Episode 5 Poison Sky of Doc Who was quite entertaining I have to say, it was a pretty good conclusion to the two part story involving the Sontarans (or Sontrans as Donna would say) where the Doctor, Donna and Martha, oh and a squad of soldiers all fight back against the rutheless potato heads.

The action was pretty good when we saw the sontarans storm the factory and wipe out the soldiers, with General Staal's second in command shouting out insults with glee as he zaps anyone within a two foot radius. I also liked Donna's takedown of a sontaran soldier and she did it quoting Alan Partridge ("Back of the neck!"). The end of the episode left me very curious about next week's installment as we are about to meet the Doctor's daughter (and she looks good!). I was sceptical about the notion of the Doctor's family being introduced but then again Susan was his granddaughter, which suggests he did have kids at some point, and we know so little about the Doctor as it is. Anyway bring on the next one.

On a separate note, in spite of the sunny weather I'm suffering from a bout of hayfever just now, so I'm sneezing away as I write this, damnit!! Oh yeah also I've not had a chance to write on my Shakespeare class yet, more on that later, but its been quite enjoyable so far, although we have been concentrating on the theory side of it so far, but I think Shakespeare warrants a fair bit of theory before leaping into the text. And last night's class was fun because we got to hurl some Shakesperian insults at one another in a kind of slanging match, you are nothing but a cloth-eared puss-ridden caxcomb! Etc etc. Anyway that's all for now.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?