Saturday, May 24, 2008

 

An acting showcase (ermm of sorts)

I haven't had much time to write up about my acting group lead under Iain McAleese's tuition (and direction) which as I've said before is really good and has been a bit more intense than any of the acting we've done so far. Our last night there featured a showcase from the group, which involved us in pairs doing scenes from either Henrik Ibsen's Ghosts or A Streetcar Named Desire (Tennesse Williams). My chosen scene was from Streetcar which I did with Judith, I played the downtrodden Mitch and Judith played the manipulative Blanche, and it was a really good scene, and thankfully I didn't manage to disgrace myself on the acting "physicality" side I managed to keep it together and Judith was terrific. Overall the class on the night were actually really great, especially one of younger members in our class, Gordon, who played a doddering drunken older character from Ghosts, and he was brilliant at it as he had so much dialogue to remember. Its great and refreshing to see in our class how many natural actors there are and that I am the best out the lot of them (as if!!! Big headed bullshit mode off). Nah. I jest, but seriously there are some really talented people in our group and I'm quite chuffed to be working with them. Iain wants to continue with the acting classes in a month's time, where he will aim to go a bit "deeper" than what we've already done, so it will be interesting to see how it goes...

So it was a great night and after we had some wine and nibbles (well OK i didn't take that many nibbles) followed by the pub and then a drunken wander towards a taxi rank, and I left the evening feeling rather chuffed (and slightly aroused! In short I kind of sort of got off with someone, and yes it was a female!).

So I look forward to the next acting classathon when it comes. In the meantime the Shakespeare in Practice classes have so far proved to be really good fun and our tutor Bill Wright is very good, who has a funny mixture of being laid back and intense at the same time (you might have seen him in small parts on Taggart! Well maybe). Righhhttt enough for noowww. I shall enjoy (or try to enjoy) the weekend. Going to see Drawer Boy at the Tron Theatre tomorrow so I may post a review of it here, if it floats the boat.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?