Tuesday, March 18, 2008

 

A couple of annoyances and little bit of good news

I thought I'd write a quick blog about a couple of things that currently annoy me, number one, doing Cisco CCNA Semester 4 is getting to be a bit of a grind and a pain in the proverbial, but thankfully I'm at the last chapter and then its a question of revision for the final exam, which will be fun (not!!).

I personally can't wait to get rid of this effin course, to be honest I started off enjoying doing Cisco in Semester 1 with all the intro to networking stuff, but as it went on it just gets more infuriatingly tedious and technical with enough mind bending stuff to keep Stephen Hawking rather busy. The use of electronic labs is also annoying as there are plenty of labs to work through and you have to constantly type in the same commands over and over, its a hair tearing out exercise at times Cisco. The reading is pretty heavy stuff too with so much techno jargon and stuff to learn, when you don't work in IT it just becomes a drag to read after a while. No wonder there is only one lecturer who teaches Cisco in our college as none of the other lecturers want to have anything to do with it!! (They also have to score 100% in order to qualify as a lecturer in it, so another indicator as to why its not popular with them!). So begone Cisco from my sight!!

Another thing that has bugged me of late is MSN Hotmail as every time (virtually anyway) I try to send someone an email from it (I'm using Vista maybe that's why!) it tells me to sign out and sign in again, thereby I am unable to send the email and I need to copy and paste it in again. Aghh!! Friggin Microsoft!!

Now onto some better news as my Acting 4 classes finished last week, which marked the end of the Art of Acting units altogether, so our class have been trying to form a little theatre group of our own, and we've managed to secure 8 weeks of classes with one of the acting tutors Iain McAleese (from our Acting 3 classes). So as a group hopefully we can work on a play or some kind of piece and perform live some day in front of an audience somewhere. This will no doubt be a toughie to pull off but we might just get there.

Also I went and saw my fellow acting class thesp Scott in his first play at the weekend there at the Ramshorn Theatre in a classic play Playboy of the Western World, which he convincingly affected a baffling Irish accent and brilliantly played a drunk, it was a great laugh to watch.

So that's for now. Bring on the acting group and banish Cisco from my sight!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?