Sunday, March 02, 2008

 

Brotherly gig

I was in Edinburgh the other day with my cousin Dale and my pal Stephen to see my brother's band Soul-Fi as it was their first gig and they were actually pretty good I have to say. As their name implies they played alot of soul "covers" so we were treated to stuff like Wilson Pickett, Stevie Wonder, Jamiraqui and others, and my bro Steve did plenty of cool nifty noodling on the bass, putting a lot of players to shame (which he usually does!) and musically the band were very good musicians, with four women and three guys (in fact why couldn't I ever find a drummer as good as that?). So it was a good gig only hampered by the very cramped venue it was set in, The Old Bakehouse cafe, which has a downstairs basement for gigs which makes the 13th note cafe's basement look like the SECC, not to mention the gents bathroom was right next to where the band were playing!

But anyways it was a good gig and quite a good day too apart from the crappy weather in Edinburgh which was the same all over anyway, in fact I can't wait till we get out of this crappy post-winter weather and get into spring, should it ever come.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?