Monday, January 28, 2008

 

I hate Paypal!

Well it turns out my first use of Paypal to make a sale on ebay has turned out to be less than user friendly. Having managed to sell of a set of speakers on ebay at the weekend there, I received an email from Paypal stating I received an instant payment and I was to click on the given link to accept it, so I did and guess what? It took me to an error page that said "page not found". I've tried this link countless times since and it hasn't worked and I still haven't received payment. To make things worse I read on the internet that this is a known technical glitch and it does appear to have happened to other people too, which doesn't leave me with much confidence for Paypal as a simpler, safer, smarter way of gaining money. However apparently there were technical problems announced on the Paypal site around the time on Friday there when my received payment went through saying that switch/credit card payments would be effected by this, but the normal service would resume (of course!) this also was announced on Friday morning yet my payment was due that night! And it isn't right that I have an unclaimed payment lying around somewhere, floating in Internet limbo waiting to get picked up!!

I've sent Paypal an email expressing my concerns so I can only hope that it gets sorted soon. Paypal: Safer, Simpler, Smarter. My ass.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?