Thursday, December 13, 2007

 

Acting 3 over and other things

Well my Art of Acting 3 classes came to an end last Thursday night, so it was a case of us doing our monologues on the final night in front of the class, which was pretty nerve wracking, even though the class was thankfully smaller this time round than before. Well actually cos of my chickenpox this is the first monologue I had to deliver so for me it was more nerve wracking. I chose to do Alec Baldwin's Glengarry Glen Ross speech, where he berates the salesman of a real estate office, to start getting their asses in gear and sell or get out. Our class tutor Iain McAleese, was a bit tough on us that night as he was giving us proper feedback on our monologues, and he said mine was by no means bad but it needed some work, and I addressed it to the audience instead of setting it in the office as Alec Baldwin's character does. All the same I thought I did well enough despite the usual nerves and forgetting my lines half the time. The rest of the class did well too, despite Iain giving one or two of them a bit of a grilling (I won't name names, just in case its leaked out and I get the blame ha ha! Fat chance really).

Anyway that's another acting unit over and I'm always a little sad to see the back of it (mushy sentimental moment over!), but Acting 4 will hopefully go ahead in January, if the theatre administrator, Sylvia who organises the courses, can get the numbers for it. This has gotten us aspiring thesps into a panic if we can't get enough people for the class but hope hope we will.

Soooooo, I've got three nights out ahead of me, a brother and friend one tonight, a workie night out tomorrow, and the acting buds on Saturday for some stand-up comedy (i.e. we're going to see some stand-ups, we're not on stage!!). After that I'll gladly ask for a night in.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?