Wednesday, November 28, 2007

 

Not too much to report?

Well I haven't reported too much on my blog of late so thought I might as well put something up, since my last post which was written in a drunken haste (3am just back from seeing the Foos and breaking my use of the no f-word policy I just made up there).

Well apart from work, and my acting classes not too much to report of late, last week's acting class was one of the best so far as we did scenes from Romeo and Juliet and I had to play a female part (yes a female part!) of a nurse, an aged nurse I might add. It was actually great fun to try and do and somewhat challenging as its the first time I had to play such a role in classes, although one of my classmates Teresa reminded me back in the day that the men use to play the female parts too as women back then didn't play in the Shakespeare plays. We did another scene which involved the two rivals Mercutio and Tybalt facing off one another, and the rest of us would act as background crowd taunting one another, which was broken up amusingly by Alan who yelled "TRANNY!!" which caused Scott who played Tybalt to break up with laughter.

So tomorrow night will be the second last of the acting 3 classes, which Ian told us would involve improvisation, so it will be fun to get back to some of that, as in the past when we did it feels like wandering into the set of Whose Line Is It Anyway? So I'll look forward to that and maybe post up something more blogworthy of it then.

On another note I went to the cinema there on Sunday and saw American Gangster, with Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe starring, it was pretty good I thought, although a bit slow in pace at first it does get more gripping as the film carries on. Denzel was pretty incredible once again (he usually is) and Russell Crowe was pretty decent in his role too, although he did fall short of the mark that Denzel had set. Its one of Ridley Scott's best films for a while although not necessarily one of his world best, but I'm glad he directed rather Tony Scott, as it would have been made with all too much flash etc, annoying MTV like images all over the place (which we've come to expect from Tony!).

So that's it for now ermm I think. Except to say its less than 4 weeks to Christmas!! Shit!! And I haven't really bought anything yet. Suggestions???

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?