Saturday, November 10, 2007

 

Foos!!!!

Well I'm just back from the Foo Fighters gig night and I have to say (and forgive this first use of the f-word on my blog) they were fucking amazing!!! It was one of the best gigs I've been to in years. Dave Grohl totally commanded the audience with his amazing good nature and charisma, he cracked many a joke and played many a brilliant and memorable song. I was also delighted with the fact that at the SECC they had removed all the seats and it was for the first time I'd been there a totally standing gig, and this allowed us far easier access to the front of the gig, and in the middle they played an acoustic set aswell and moved to a middle podium where audience could easily crowd round and take photos. There were many great songs played, my main favourites included "Monkey Wrench" "Skin and Bones" "Everlong" "DOA" and "In your honour". To be honest the whole gig was fucking brilliant. Dave and the band (which I was delighted to say included the acoustic set up of the "Skin and bones" DVD aswell as Pat Smear who played back in the "Colour and the Shape" tour days).

Even the section between the set finale and the encore was great as we saw big screen video footage of Dave drinking beer off stage and licking the set list, which was really funny! And towards the end of the night I even was brave enough to subject myself to the mosh pit, which was fairly mild to be honest, I've seen far worse, so I didn't mind being subjected to some "friendly violence". Anyway it was great, the Foos did come, rock and conquer, in short they were fucking superb!!!! And if you haven't seen the Foos yet, do yourself a favour and go and see their next show at the nearest venue next to you. You won'r regret it!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?