Sunday, September 23, 2007

 

Incubus are in the house! And GAG

Well its been a fairly busy weekend for me for a change, as on Saturday night I went out to the Arches and watched play, GAG, which featured one of our acting tutors, Bill, whom I'd never really seen before (cos I didn't get him as a tutor). The play itself was pretty good and the cast were all on pretty good form, the young girl in particular playing the part of a cocky, troubled bulemic teenager was very good, although she took a while to shift into gear. Bill was also very good in his role, having never seen him before this, he was pretty intense, but I was already warned of that beforehand by my acting fellows. The play was also just about the right length as it was only about an hour, and the story structure kept me watching and I didn't catch onto the story "twist" until towards the end. So it was well worth a watch. After that us acting lot went and had plenty of drinks and I ending up feeling rather drunk and knackered (well its par for the course really!). So cheers again to Scott for organising the night (he always does it!) and it was great to see all who turned up.

So out again tonight having seen Incubus, an alt american rock band for those who don't know them, and they were pretty good too. The band played a decent cross section of their most well known material (well to Incubai-heads at least!), some of the highlights included "Megalomaniac", "Sad Sick Little World", and "Circles". As usual it would have been nice if they played a few other songs off of their latest Light Grenades album and Crow left of the murder, which is their best album in imho. But it was all mostly good although I must admit Brandon Boyd is pretty unremarkable as front man, as he doesn't really project any kind of charisma ofestage presence at all. He's like the William Baldwin of the rock music scene (watch Backdraft and you'll know what I kind of mean!). But it was a pretty good gig, so can't really complain.

Well I'm off ramorra as its September weekend, so guess I will enjoy lulling around doing as little as possible, oh and purchase the new Foo Fighters album, which is well worth the purchase folks!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?