Sunday, September 02, 2007

 

Fopp re-emerges woo hoo!

Was up the town the other day to meet up with Paul, one of my acting class pals, to give him a graphics card for his PC (I've got too many spare PC bits now, they need to go!) and while we shopped around I was pleased to see that Fopp has re-opened again. Yowzer!!

Apparently they've been bought over by HMV now although there are only currently 6 stores open throughout the UK, 2 in Glasgow, 1 in Edinburgh, and 3 in England. Doesn't sound like much but I guess they want to avoid trying to expand too soon again and end up at square one once again. Bit of a shame for all the staff that lost their jobs but I guess we'll just have to wait and see how Fopp will progress. At least now I'll be able to check out the Edinburgh Fopp in Rose Street if I ever head out there. But kudos to HMV for buying them over, at least we can get some decently priced CDs again.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?