Monday, July 16, 2007

 

Croaky-oky night

Well I had my karaoke night with some of my fellow acting class thesps last night and it was pretty good up in Capitol on Suchiehall Street. Everyone got up (or sat down really) and did a turn on the microphone and yeah it was a good laugh to see just how good everyone else was and how bad I was at most of the songs, except The Smith's "This Charming Man" which i think I acquited myself pretty well on (being modest!). In our group, Paul, turned out a few really good versions of Elton John's Rocket Man and Tom Jones's It's Not Unusual, and Scott (yes Scott you are getting a mention!) did great at the Unchained Melody. Miriam also belted out a great version of Aretha's RESPECT too. Teresa also had a brave attempt at one of Keane's numbers, while one of our group Alan, chose to do the odd female number and also a decent version of Depeche Mode's Enjoy the Silence, while Lynn did an "interesting" version of Whitney Houston's Greatest Love of All.

The only bad thing I'd say about Capitol though was the rooms were stifling and very hot, I don't know if that's intentional so that you drink more or not, but they could have turned on the air conditioning. But other than that I'd recommend karaoke for a fun night, especially at Capitol as you get the privacy to make an ass of yourself and not worry about it. Just ask them to turn the heat down a bit that's all.


P.S. Don't beat me up Lynn. lol.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?