Saturday, June 23, 2007

 

Master Simm and Pockmarks

Well I've been off all week with the dreaded chickenpox so I've not really set foot out the house much since Tuesday, spots everywhere on me body, luckily I haven't got any down my throat or anything, which I've heard you can get with cp, also its apparently worse when you are an adult. Its also a double bummer (or tripple) because I've missed the last week of my acting class, my acting class night out and also tomorrow its my birthday. Awwwwwww (huge self pitying pat on the back from myself there). The upside is most of the spots as I type this have dried up a bit more so their not as angry looking or itchy as they were before, so since I've got a two week sick line I might aswell chill out at home while I can.

Now onto other news, the penultimate episode of Doctor Who season 3, was a bit of a corker, bit cheesey in places maybe, but what the hell this series has had it fair share of edam moments. The Master posing as John Saxon, the prime minister of Great Britain announces his plans for something new coming, which basically really means he's looking to invade and destroy the planet and its up to the Doctor, Martha and Jack to stop him.

John Simm owns the screen in his time as the Master, and if there was ever an actor who ever ate up villainy as a main course, he licks it up like no other actor. I loved his "happy" and "sad" faces as he spoke to his soon to be gassed cabinet members. It was also really good to see a modern revisulisation of Gallifrey (albeit with only one TimeLord!) back when it existed. The only downside to this episode was John Barrowman was already sidelined in this episode after his highly amusing banter in the last episode, although he did provide an amusing one liner when the Doctor says about the perception filter "Its like you fancy someone and they have no idea", he runs off and Martha looks at Jack who says "You too, huh?".

Plot spolier now!: The climax of the story was also visually quite impressive with the little probe things (or drums) covering the planet and the Doctor having been aged (which was very unexpected). Looks like the season finale will be very intruiging.

Well as I said its my birthday tomorrow so guess I'll just sit around the house as usual while eating bits of birthday cake and putting on some calamine lotion.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?