Sunday, April 15, 2007

 

Traffic jams and the cold and Linksys are the shit!

Well I'm bunged up with the cold today, bahh!! So not exactly a great weekend so far as I've been mostly sneezing and snotting all over the place, bleeughhhh! Mind you I'm not sure if its hayfever or the cold, personally though I think it is the cold, as a few colleagues in work have been passing it around (thanks alot!).

Now for something completely different... (no, not a man with two buttocks). Just watched the third episode of the new Dr Who series, Gridlock, which was pretty enjoyable, and a slight improvement over last week's Shakespearial nonsense (which to be fair was ok). It was good to see the return of the New New York setting (from New Earth) and the plot was not too bad this time round, with the whole human race trapped into a massive traffic jam down below in the fuming gaseous undergrounds of the city, where the humans boast how they travel 5 miles in about 10 years! I quite enjoyed the bit where the Doctor kept jumping down from car to car to try and get to the bottom of the traffic jam, and he goes through each car, one of which seems to carry what appears to be a naturist couple lol. The best part of the episode though was the end (not to give it away!) where the Doctor finally confesses to Martha about his origins and what happened to his planet. Also its intruiging to see the Face of Boe say to the Doctor he's not alone (well to be honest I've got a good idea of what's coming up and what that means).

Must say I am a bit annoyed at the BBC for rescheduling the prog to fit in the blinking football as I missed most of it when it was on and I had set the dvd recorder for 7pm so most of the episode was not taped! (OK partly my fault for not checking the paper). So God Bless bit torrent so I managed to download it no problem today, also another bonus I got this weekend was a new Linksys wireless router, as my old one kept cutting out when I used bit torrent (the shame!) this one hasn't cut out once yet, very impressive.

Anyway enough bleating on for now. Back to some paracetemols...

Comments:
I've really enjoyed the last couple of episodes - even the Shakespeare one. If ir keeps up this season could work out to be better than the last one overall.

Not too sure about the look of the Daleks In New York episodes. Dodgy accents ahoy! Nice to see the Doc visit somewhere other than London though.
 
Yeah I've mostly enjoyed this season so far, I think they are trying to hopefully capture more of the same feel of the first season and move away from the campiness of the second one.

The Daleks episode looks like fun although don't know what those piggies are about.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?