Friday, March 09, 2007

 

Acting up a storm of ermm acting...

Well despite the disruption with the trains I decided to go up to Strathclyde Uni and do my acting class, and I managed to get a train up ok, and I'm glad I went up as it was probably the most enjoyable class so far. The acting exercises were a good laugh and we're all feeling a bit more comfortable with ourselves in the group now. One of the fun exercises was we had to pretend to be someone else and take on their behaviour and walk around in a circle in the room in the same type of way they would. So I pretended to be a middle-aged disruntled catering lecturer in my college, who stomps around grumpily. We also did some other fun exercises which involved two people getting up and conveying a mood by say walking round looking depressed, then a third person would get up and introduce a contrasting mood to the other (i.e. someone jumping around for joy).

Anyway must say I'm really glad I took up the acting classes as its something I've been aching to do for ages and have just kept putting off, so the way I see it is its the best 75 quid I've spent for a while (on a course at least). I might carry on and do The Art of Acting 2, see if we stage plays a bit more, rather than working on movement and exercises. But its all good fun (not to mention a good way to meet some nice looking women, even if they aren't single (who knows?) ;).

In the end I managed to get a taxi home for a fairly modest fee, rather than wait around and get on a bus with some neddy football supporters (no offence), or at least wait around in the pissing rain for an hour on a bus.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?