Monday, February 05, 2007

 

Acting, jamming and passing

Well Feburary for me has got off to a fairly busy and eventful start. Last Thursday I started some acting classes (something I must admit to have fancied trying for quite a while, just for fun, not to win any baftas ;) at Strathclyde Uni, and it was pretty unusual as well as quite alot of fun. The tutor, Judi, a petitte and somewhat crazy English woman, had me and the others in the class do all sorts of weird exercises, such as being a hypnotherapist, pretending to be an archway and getting into a circle and performing some silly dances (well I said it was weird).

At the weekend there I had a jam with a guy, John, I had previously jammed with last year, so this is first time we got together again after the new year, and we jammed with a drummer last night up at LoFi, which went not too badly. I also surprised myself on the drums, as last time I played the drums I thought I sucked, but this was mainly because there were no cymbals in the studio and its a real bugger to do without any. The drummer we got was very good although he kept hammering out some funky drumming while we struggled to tune up.

To top that off I started this week tonight by finally passing CCNA Semester 2, the dreaded skills test is finally out the way after about 4 weeks of trial and error, and I also sat and passed the voucher exam tonight that would give me a discount to sit the final INTRO exam (which of course takes solid months of preparation and has a rather high failure rate, due to its high pass mark of 85%). So all in all not too bad a week so far.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?