Tuesday, January 30, 2007

 

HD Heaven at last and ebay

Well after much deliberating and cogitating (OK enough of the Lloyd Grossman sayings) I finally managed to get my hands on an Xbox 360 HD DVD drive (huzzaaaa!) and I'm glad to say was it worth the wait? Oh yes. I got a copy of King Kong packaged with it and the quality of the transfer was par excellence (or brilliance more like) every scene was sharp and really detailed, HD-mongous. It was great to finally put my LCD TV to good HD use with some HD DVD sources as its been too long in the waiting. All I need to do now is get more titles although I won't go crazy on them for now as the format wars will be brewing so no point replacing my entire DVD collection (well there's only 150 or so titles available at the mo for HD DVD anyway).

In the end I had to resort to getting the drive off of ebay after all, and yeah ok you may pay a bit more for it but at least you get it quick (or at all). Obviously im a bit of a novice on ebay as I barely use it that often and every time I bid on an item I kept getting outbid. Again I wasn't really aware of all these bidders out there with their bidding bots (using ezsnipe) to pip me and others to the post. The best option is usually just to go to the "Buy it now" option that way you pay the fixed price and get what you're looking for (methinks anyway) althougn you might pay more.

Anyway back to King Kong ... :))

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?