Thursday, November 16, 2006

 

Doctor Who another box set

I noticed the second series of Doc Who is out on DVD Box set on Monday, admittedly I'm not as thrilled about it as I was last year simply because this year's season has been a bit hit and miss. It's not been quite up to the standard of last year's thrilling intro to Who again and I guess we've had a slew of Doctor Who features and extras for this year's series (through BBC confidential, extra games, TARIDSODES, commentaries on the website etc) that my main response has to be: big deal, as I feel they've already overdone the merchandise. If last year's DVD box set was like owning the Star Wars Original Trilogy, this year's will feel like owning the Attack of the Clones (or something like it).

Nonetheless I will at some point purchase it, just not immediately, and this year's series has been enjoyable just not up to the standard it could have been (still its better than Torchwood I have to say, imho).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?