Tuesday, October 10, 2006

 

Big bang over night

Just heard this morning that there was an explosion round at the Parkhall shops at Hawthrone Street, which is pretty close to where I stay, during the night (about 4am). Although I stay very close, I didn't actually hear anything (sound asleep ;) about it until this morning from my boss (who also stays pretty close and she did hear it). So where the local post office and a salon use to be are now replaced with debris and waste, it's just fortunate that it happened over night. What caused the explosion no one really knows yet, except it could have been a potential gas leak, and neighbours complained of the smell of gas for the past few days. Come to think of it I too remember smelling gas on Friday outside over at my local co-op which is just across the road from the site of the explosion. Anyways no one was hurt so that's the main thing. More about this story can be found at this link:

www.news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?