Thursday, September 07, 2006

 

Tis the season of gaming...

Well we're into September again and its round about this time of year we start to see some of the year's best games coming out. So far don't see a great deal of smashing games out available for the PC port but I'm keeping my eyes fairly peeled and so far I've played the demo of the latest Broken Sword game, Angel of Death, which I have to say was very good.

The Broken Sword series is a refreshing break from all those usual shoot em' up games that are on sale out here just now, as there's a fair bit of brain activity involved, you need to quite often try and sort puzzles out but there's also some plenty of nice bits of running action in between not to mention a lot of witty dialogue, bit like Tomb Raider without the big chest and guns. So I'm looking forward to the full game when it comes out next week.

The latest installment of Splinter Cell sounds fairly interesting aswell as you play both sides, the NSA and their enemies, so that will make for a pretty big game I should imagine. And on a purely amusing note the Xbox 360 game, Dead Rising looks like fun, too, where you are literally transported into the biggest George Romero horror film of all, with thousands of zombies coming at you in a shopping mall, and you can dispose of them in hundreds of ways (even kill them with a guitar!). Although I don't personally own a XBox 360 as of yet, sadly, although I wouldn't mind since they are now bringing some HD compatible titles and wouldn't mind trying that on my HD ready TV.

So anyone who wants to read a review of any of the upcoming games I'll be playing, read this blog (if you like) ;)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?