Wednesday, July 12, 2006

 

Creatively speaking

I got a set of PC speakers a couple of weeks ago, Creative Inspire P5800s, neat wee set, with a total wattage of 75 watts (OK only 72 but who's counting?) and they were great initially, great subwoofer, too, especially for games and movies. But I've had some persistent problems with them since I got them, namely a high pitched squealy type noise that appears after a minute or two once they are switched on. The sound resembles, on a nerdy note, the noise you hear in the movie Star Trek 3, while the enemy Klingon ship is cloaked (Christopher Lloyd's ship on an even nerdier note!). Now this is rather annoying as it happens quite alot, especially even during gameplay or playing music.

So I emailed Creative's support website and I'm still waiting to hear from them, hopefully I can get this set replaced with another minus the squealy type noises. I also read on the creative forum site this could also be due to a faulty amplifier within the speaker boxes, hmmmm. Whatever as long it gets sorted. There's nothing worse than returning stuff you got from the web.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?